Country Manager (Japenese Market)
As the Country Manager for Japan, you will be responsible for leading the strategic management of the Realeyes AI business in Japan. This position is based in Tokyo. You will develop deep and meaningful relationships with key Japanese investors and use the leverage of their investment to drive sales to them, their subsidiaries and to other strategic Japanese companies to whom they introduce us. Actively seek out new potential Japanese clients, close deals and develop a sales process that is appropriate for the Japanese market. Act as a key contact for the Japanese media, provide PR support and provide direction for Marketing efforts in Japan. Manage all employees in the Japanese office, while coordinating with other departments which are run from Europe and North America. Provide key competitive and business intelligence which can impact the company. Provide reporting and key KPI’s to senior management to track the progress on penetrating and adapting to the Japanese Market. Playing a key role in our expansion efforts of our business to the APAC region. To succeed in this position, you need to have a great network in Japan, a firm grasp of technology, strong sales, and business development capabilities, a personality to deal well with the media and solid management skills. You will be the single and highest owner of our Japanese business– constantly improving our offering and adapting to the changing market requirements in Japan.
- Overall responsibility for all revenue from Japan. Mostly from video marketing, especially self-serve and tech integration; In future, also other Emotion AI applications within smart city, robotics etc.
- Includes personal revenue quota for the first year until office grows bigger
- Hiring and managing Customer Success/Support team to support local revenue growth (gradually)
- Contribute directly to creating and managing key relationships with Japanese corporates and investors
- Reporting to CRO, work closely with CEO
- Represent Realeyes in a positive manner in the Japanese Press and Market
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Management or related field
- "Young at heart", hungry to work in fast-paced start-up environment with very high levels of responsibility and impact
- Run the Japan office ensuring all legal, finance and tax duties are performed according to local law and Realeyes practice
- Motivated to work across highly international and diverse team
- Experience in closing +€100k ACV technology deals, clear potential to close +€2m ACV technology deals with the largest corporates in Japan
- Capability to participate in Board level work
- Minimum five years of experience in a similar position
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office; PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel
- Necessary skills include the ability to work well in a team, an overdeveloped sense of personal responsibility, accountability, willingness to assist in multiple areas, prioritization, and the ability to effectively communicate with people from different teams and different geographical locations and utilizing your understanding of the local cultural behavior to help improving our products.
- Marketing, Ad-agency and Technology related work experience is nice to have
- Native Japanese
- Fluent English (both written and spoken) is required
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from different teams and geographic backgrounds and locations
Please write your application letter and CV in English. Any interviews will also be spoken in English.Apply now